NEWS: Two new Castlevania games leaked?
It looks like two new Castlevania games are leaked too early.
The two game we’re talking about are Castlevania: Mirror of Fate (3DS) and Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2.
Earlier this week a rumor surfaced on the internet concerning a new and exclusive 3DS Castlevania game named ‘Mirror of Fate’.
Although Konami won’t respond to these rumors, they haven’t denied it yet. Today another source, Paul Gale Network, released new information about this Mirror of Fate game.
The Paul Gale Network signed a contract with Konami earlier and wasn’t allowed to talk about the new Castlevania games at first, until today.
First of ‘Castlevania Mirror of Fate’ is a 3DS exclusive but was having a special WiiU version as well. The WiiU version would be the same but offered the WiiU Tablet as a mirror to see the truth. Although Konami loved the idea at first, the canceled the WiiU version and created Lords of Shadows 2 instead.
Lords of Shadows 2 will be the sequel of the first Lords of Shadows and will release on WiiU, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Paul Gale made a list of all the thing he knows of Mirror of Fate:
- Nearly a 1.5 year development cycle.
- Stars two different playable characters.
- Features co-operative play with the prospect of 3DS and Wii U being able to interact with each other.
- The game is indeed a 2D Castlevania experience.
- Like mentioned in the rumor PGN received back in 2010, the goal was to find creative ways to utilize the 3DS’ cameras and this has been achieved in part due to the very name of the game, “Mirror of Fate”.
- The forward facing camera will act as a mirror and the outward facing cameras will come into play for a new puzzle solving mechanic.
- A Wii U version of the same game was in contention when I reported the “shocker” announcement in 2011, but has since become Konami’s decision to give the system one Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2 (not exclusively, however, as other platforms will too see a release, including Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita).
- More interestingly perhaps, was the idea that Mirror of Fate on Wii U would be the same game as its 3DS brother, treat the U-Control as the 3DS’ bottom screen and your TV as the 3DS’ top screen, be able to play the game across both platforms, use the Wii U’s forward facing camera as a mirror to “capture your reflection and reveal your fate”, and so on.
- Instead, Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2 on Wii U will be a different game which was safer for Konami, since it could 1) be an upgraded port of the Xbox 360/PS3 build and 2) still be able to retain some of its originally intended plans when it was Mirror of Fate, including some 3DS connectivity.
- The development of Wii U’s own ground-up Castlevania sku could still happen, I’m being told.
Remember however that none of these facts are official and Konami hasn’t confirmed them yet. More information will without a doubt be released during E3.
Latest posts by Lander Van der Biest (see all)
- Video: Just Dance 2016 demo on Wii U using mobile device - August 1, 2015
- Pause for thought: Gamescom 2015 – The year of Xbox One? - August 1, 2015
- News: Risen 3: Titan Lords Enhanced Edition – small teaser - August 1, 2015